WORLD CARD MAKING DAY! Celebrated annually on the first Saturday in October, the day first began in 2006 and was created by Paper Craft magazine as a way to encourage crafters to get a head start on the holiday card-making season. Since then, the day has gained traction as an International celebration; it’s a day for the card making community to unite and celebrate the connection and creativity that is at the heart of card making.
So let’s join the fun and make a special card for this day….you can send it to me by e-mail or post it on my Facebook page with a few details. It’s ok to CASE a card but you have to make it your own by changing something…color, adding an embellishment, changing the sentiment, etc. Coming to the buffet on the 9th? Bring your card with you and we will share each others cards…maybe they’ll be a prize or two – one never knows! It would be fun to have a blog sharing everyone’s card…
Take a close look at this vintage card I’ve been working on for World Card Making Day. I like the old bottles in this photo which I found in my files…they lend themselves to the “international” flavor of the day! Don’t you just love that Merry Merlot paper and gorgeous Merlot/Copper double -sided ribbon? The picture doesn’t do anything for it! The swirls and curls embossing folder is fun to work with even on envelope flaps…you will love it especially when you get it free for a $50 order.
THANX for stopping by today !
- REDEEM YOUR BONUS POINTS BEFORE SEPTEMBER 30TH! – check your email for the codes and put them in the appropriate place when you enter your credit card for payment.
- CLEARANCE RACK – things are going fast…take a quick peek to see if there is anything you need at FABULOUS PRICES.
- Sign up for the next buffet October 9th – invite a friend to stamp with you – it’s more fun! Remember if you bring a friend for the first time, you only pay $5 for the class…now where else can you make a handmade card for a $1?
- Make a birthday card for Meera – it’s her birthday on October 9th. Bring your card with you so we can give her a card shower! We plan to have goodies for everyone!
- Make a card for World Card Making Day Oct 6th – (post it and/or bring it to the buffet)
HOST CODE FOR SEPTEMBER: RJYWFAWU
(Ends 9/30) AND FREE GIFT…KEEP READING!
Use this host code when you order a minimum of $50 and receive a free gift from me. Your free gift for September is the new SWIRLS AND CURLS TEXTURED IMPRESSIONS EMBOSSING FOLDER on page 5 of the Holiday Catalog. IMPORTANT NOTE: IF YOUR ORDER IS OVER $150, please do not use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’Rewards from Stampin’UP) but you may still get my free gift by communicating with me that you have ordered on line.. All you have to do is email or comment on this blog to let me know you have ordered.